Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Try a lesson in being a lady.


Okay, if you know me, you know I love love love etiquette. I collect books, magazines, articles on etiquette. Anytime I am at an antique store, I always browse the book section for those old etiquette books - I love 'em!

Anyways, I think being a true lady is definitely the way to go. But, I understand that in today's society, women need to act in an almost manly, masculine manner. I am so tired of seeing these beautiful girls portraying themselves to being nothing more than trash. I don't want to see you chugging a beer, flipping off a camera, or giving some other obscene gesture. Quit acting like a fraternity boy.

If I had it my way, I would start a self-respect group. We would travel to high schools and universities teaching young girls and women how to respect themselves. After all, if these women actually cared about themselves, they would know better than to do the awful acts listed above. That's what I want to do.

And, I want to teach girls to respect each other. Just because we have different hormones and feelings does NOT give us the right to act catty and hateful to one another. What kind of benefit do you get when you put another girl down? If you ask me, none. For it's better to just keep your mouth shut. It's just not polite. And if it's not polite, don't do it.

Well, that's my rant for the day. If any of you feel the way I do - let's start that group!

No comments:

Post a Comment