Sunday, May 8, 2011

My FIRST Mother's Day as a mommy!


So, before I start this post, I want to say a big THANK YOU and JOB WELL DONE to all the mamas out there. Before I had Annie Louise, I didn't think being a mom would change my life that much - I thought I would still be able to be social, read all the books I want and I would always have it together.


WRONG.


Being a mom is the most beautiful thing ever....but it's a hard job, too! I feel like there are never enough hours in the day, I have a stack of books I haven't touched since giving birth to Annie Louise, and sometimes I feel like I have NO idea what I'm doing.


But, you know what?


It's fine.


I'm so lucky to have this baby girl in my life. I never knew I could love something so much - and I tell her that all the time.


So, hats off to the hardest working women I know! I salute you today :)


Back to MY Mother's Day....
I knew B would have something for me - maybe pretty special, too. I had NO idea that this gift would probably be the best gift I have ever been given (besides my doodlebug).


It's going in the "things-to-grab-when-the-house-is-on-fire" stack.


It's a handmade book from B with pictures of me and Annie Louise. Throughout the book, B talks about all of Annie Louise's first memories...from when I was pregnant, to her first bath, her first bite of cereal, etc. etc. - then he ends with this absolutely beautiful note about her favorite memory was when she first saw me. Then, there is another note (from Annie Louise) about how much she loves me and all. When I saw the first page (it was a picture of me with a little baby bump), I immediately started bawling like a baby. I couldn't believe all the time and thought he put into - it absolutely blew me away. SWEETEST. GIFT. EVER.


Then, he gives me this GORGEOUS pink sapphire necklace - sapphire, because it's Annie Louise's birthstone and pink, well pink because she's a girl (and we LOVE pink).

So, needless to say, I have had a pretty amazing Mother's Day - I spent it with all of my favorite women and my adorable baby girl.


And you can't get much better than that!

4 comments:

  1. How sweet LENA!!!! I want to do something like that for Mike next year when we have many more memories to document. Thank you for giving such great new mom advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ӏ absοlutely love your blog.. Eхcеllеnt сolors & thеme.
    Did уou develоp thiѕ sіtе уourѕеlf?

    Please reρly bacκ аs I’m hoping to сreatе
    my very own site and ωould like to leагn whеre you got thіѕ from
    οr whаt the theme is nаmeԁ.
    Ϻany thаnks!

    Alsο vіsіt my sіte oгganic pοtting soil *http://wiki.hv-app.info/index.php?title=Benutzer:CleoGlase*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there would you minԁ statіng which blog plаtform you’rе worκing with?
    I’m
    plаnning to start my own blog soon but Ι’m having a ԁifficult time deciding between ΒlogEngіne/Woгdpress/B2evolutiоn and Drupal.
    Thе reason ӏ ask is becauѕе yοur layout seems ԁifferent then most blоgs and I’m looking fог something
    сomplеtely unіque.
    P.S Sorry for being off-toρic but I had tο ask!


    My ѕite - what does going green mean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Neat pоst. Theгe is an issue with your web sitе in internеt exploгer, may check this?

    IE still is the market chief аnd a hugе ρaгt of other реople will mіss
    your ωondеrful wгitіng due tο thіs problеm.


    Also viѕіt my web site - garden

    ReplyDelete