Friday, February 20, 2009

Exalted by God

At the beginning of this year, our pastor did a series on being exalted by God and becoming a righteous person. This study has still stuck with me throughout this year, and I hope it continues to for the rest of my life - here are some verses that have stayed with me from the sermon:

Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people. - Proverbs 14:34
Acts of Righteousness -
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to you Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
- Matthew 6:1-18
I am not really sure where this post is going, but for some reason, I had it on my heart to re-visit this!
My B is home finally, and we are super excited about a low-key weekend (and a birthday breakfast for my favorite papa!)!
I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOO glad you are back posting again!!! :-) I am catcing up on all your posts and I am excited that you are having a better year! I think you're right, 2008 was ROUGH on A LOT of people I know! :-) Anyway, glad you're back!! We all need to go to lunch sometime soon!!!

    ReplyDelete