Monday, July 5, 2010

Annie Louise's nursery

So, if you know me at all, you know that I love, I mean L-O-V-E to decorate rooms.



And when we found out we were having a baby, I immediately started thinking, well dreaming, about the nursery. We have this little bitty room in our house that was our office. It's actually the room closest to our bedroom, and I had always secretly wanted that room to be the nursery.



And as most of my friends and family know, I have a bit of an obsession with fabric - actually, it's a huge obsession. Whenever B and I travel to a new city or town, I immediately look to see what fabric stores might be there. And because I am so curious, I found a FABULOUS fabric store not too far from B's parents' town near Atlanta.



And y'all, it's bad, I mean really bad for my banking account.



We are actually going down there this coming weekend for a baby shower, and I am hoping that I can squeeze in a visit! Anyways, when we made a trip to the fabric store after Christmas, I lucked upon this adorable bird fabric. I mean, it screams LeeLee! So, I bought a piece of it and decided that if we were having a girl, that would be my inspiration fabric. I chose all the other fabrics around that one piece of bird fabric. When we found out it was a girl, I was just beside myself. B's only request? NO pink walls - really, he wanted as little pink as possible. So, we went with soft yellows and blues - with some pink accents.



It's seriously my favorite room in the house now. Everytime I walk past it, I just stop and stare. It's everything I could have hoped for, and MORE. It's old-fashioned, eclectic and shabby chic. Oh, and girly, too! So, here's a little preview of Annie Louise's nursery....we still have a few more pieces to add here and there, but for the most part, it is finished! Hope you love it as much as I do!




A peak inside the room from the door in the hallway. The armoire and wicker chair are 2 antique finds. Really, I still can't believe we found them!



The inside of the armoire.



We decided to take the door off the closet and make a little "nook." And I may have a little obsession with hairbows now, too!


The other side of the "nook." A lot of these pieces were antique finds by mother - she always has the best luck finding things!



Pink baskets to keep everything organized! I am going to make little tags to label each basket. And the little smocked dress was a gift given to me at Annie Louise's first baby shower.


My inspiration fabric! This is a coverlet given to me at my first shower - the back is covered in a super soft pink "minky" fabric. Oh, and it has her name on it! Couldn't love it more!


Annie Louise's crib - we went with an old-fashioned Jenny Lind crib. I actually had one when I was a baby, too! And the mobile? Made by insanely creative mother, she recycled an old mobile and made it new. It has little birds hanging on it, too! It's probably my favorite piece in the nursery!


The crib sheet is made out of the bird fabric, too! I hope Annie Louise loves birds as much as I do!



There's our little preview of our precious baby girl's nursery! I can't wait until she is here - I know it won't be complete until she is in there! I hope to update again once we have it completely finished!


How did you decide to decorate your nursery or favorite room?

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This would be my dream nursey too!!! Can I borrow you one day when I have a baby?? I have probably already told you this but I LOVE THE armoire!!!

    ReplyDelete