Thursday, August 2, 2007

A change of pace.

Today, I wasn't feeling well during my lunch hour, and I felt very sick to my stomach. Brad felt my head and said that I had a slight fever. Well, since today has been slow for me at work, I decided to stay home. Plus I was dealing with some major female pains, ladies, you know what I'm talking about.

So, I rested for an hour or so, then I became restless. I can't just lie down somewhere, unless it's nighttime. I got up, went down to the "man room"/laundry room - the garage that has been turned into a bonus room, and I was immediately disgusted. The man room has been neglected since Brad and I got married. It contained all of Katy's (my sister) stuff until she moved into her townhouse. After she moved, we straightened everything up, but didn't do much else. Well, I got inspired. I picked up, dusted, moved furniture, and vacuumed. I tell you, I don't think we've vacuumed in there since May!!! Well, it looks splendid now. I'm really proud.

After I started in the man room, I just couldn't stop. Brad and I, well really just me, are really tidy, so the place wasn't a mess. I organized the closet and did a run through of the entire house. I am wired now, and I am so very pleased with my adorable, clean house. One day, I will actually post pictures of all the rooms, so I can make y'all jealous!

I've been praying a lot lately for family and friends, and most recently, I have started to pray for more direction in my life. Ever feel like you're running in the same place? That's kind of how I'm feeling now. We'll see what answers come in the future. I know I'm leaving it all in HIS hands, and I feel much better knowing He's on my side.

On a different note, I always get these little surveys through email, and I thought I would post this one so y'all can get to know me more :) Here goes....

Four jobs I've had in my life:
1. YMCA Camp Counselor
2. College New Student Orientation Assistant
3. Coordinator for Student Orientation Assistants
4. Nanny

Four movies I could watch over and over:
1. Gone with the Wind - over and over and over again!
2. Steel Magnolias - and I cry everytime!
3. When Harry Met Sally - I love Meg Ryan!
4. Roman Holiday - Two words....Audrey Hepburn!

Four places I've lived:
1. Waco, Texas
2. Temple, Texas
3. Columbia, Tennessee
4. Murfreesboro, Tennessee

Four things I'd like to do:
1. Learn how to sew.
2. Read more.
3. Travel more.
4. Be a momma.

Four websites I visit daily:
1. Facebook
2. My yahoo email
3. The DNJ website
4. Bank account website

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Granny's sweet potato cassorole - love those pecans!
2. Fried okra
3. Momma's minute steak with onions and gravy!!!
4. Any kind of seafood - can you say shrimp and grits?!?!!

Four places I would like to be right now:
1. On the beach
2. In an antique store
3. Somewhere where it was snowing outside...I'm getting sick of summer!
4. Charleston, South Carolina

Four places I have been on vacation:
1. Hawaii
2. Destin/Seagrove in Florida
3. Washington, D.C.
4. Dallas, Texas

'Til later, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment