Friday, October 5, 2007

Like a child...

It's been almost a month since I have posted last. Every once in a while, I think to myself "I need to update my blog!" So, I have a few minutes before my weekend OFFICIALLY starts, so here goes!
I have some really good news - after months of wait and MANY interviews, I have FINALLY been placed with a little sister. And I couldn't love her more. She is seriously my new best friend!
Her name is Kayla - she's 15 - when they first called me, I was hesitant to take such an older girl. They assured me that Kayla was really excited about the program, and would be a wonderful little sister. Her father is disabled and going through many health problems, which can be a potential problem for Kayla. I just hope that I can be a good role model for her through her pain and suffering. ANYWAYS, she's ADORABLE! She's very little and full of personality. We get along very well, and we even share a favorite restaurant - TOOT's! I am very excited about the possibilites with Kayla, and I think we're going to be great friends. We already text message each other daily!
In other news, I have been going through a lot of pain lately with migraine headaches. I had gotten so used to having a headache every single day, that I began to ignore the pain. Last week, I experienced some of the most horrific pain at work. I did visit the doctor and was given some pain medication. I will have to visit a neurologist to make sure nothing serious is going on. I am also experiencing a lot of "woman" trouble - there might be some issues as to whether or not I will be able to carry children, so please pray for these things in my life.
I do hope that those of you that read get something good out of it - it's really my way of telling my story for those that are no longer near me anymore.

I hope you each have a blessed day and weekend!
'Til later, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment