Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Blessings from above.

Well, I have had to hold it in for a few days until it was official (although some of my readers already know)....
BRAD GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!

Yes! Praise you, Jesus! Brad has been in his job for a year and a half, and although he loves what he does and the people he works with, there were not that many opportunities to advance (and advance quickly). So, one night we just happened to run into one of his fraternity brothers who works in an accounting department for a fairly large company, they started chatting, Brad sent him his resume, he gets an interview, and then he gets the job!

I'm so proud of Brad, and I know he's excited about doing a job where he gets to use a lot of his college degree!

God has truly blessed us, and I cannot wait to see the opportunities that will come! Congratulations to you, Brad :)

Oh, FYI, Brad also won $100 off his NCAA bracket because he had Kansas to win it all from the beginning! I'm thinking we should use that prize money for a celebratory dinner - what do you think?

I have TONS to update about, but it's ONE MONTH from our High Tea special event, and I have way to much work to do! HELP!!!!!!!

"Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, And fills the hungry soul with goodness." Psalm 107:8-9
Blessings, y'all!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Brad (and of course you too Lena) on the new job! I think the dinner is a fabulous idea =)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! Please pass on my congratulations! And of course you should go out to dinner with that $100 . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Brad! That is wonderful! I think a celebratory dinner sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for a new job...I think that is a cause to celebrate, esp. with the $100 prize money!

    LIlburn peeps are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...and yay on winning the brackets :)
    I'm right there with ya on the planning...I have WAY too many papers to type right now.
    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayy!! Such great news! Congrats to you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - you should go to dinner and celebrate - somewhere really good!!! Congrats to Brad on the new job! That's awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NEW JOB......THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!

    $100.....mmmmmmmmmmm dinner, movie, and amazing dessert!!!! that sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea!!!! A new job! That's great! I know it can be quite a relief. And hopefully Brad will really like it!

    Christmas dishes to go with Vera Wang Grosgrain??? Are you kidding!?! Do they only have them out at Christmas time? All I know is I want them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to both of you! Celebratory dinner is certainly in order!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to you two; it's Brad's job, but it affects both of you! :)

    And at your request, I posted Part 2... it's a doozy, so get ready!

    ReplyDelete