Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The sickies.

Today, I'm at home with a puke-y baby girl.


I was literally walking out of the door, when Annie Louise thew up.


The first thoughts that went through my mind was "great. I don't even know if I have a sick day."


But this is B's super busy time at work, so there was no way he'd be able to stay home.


I've been saving my annual leave days in the hope that I might be able to attend the Blissdom conference here in Nashville. Please pray that I'll have enough leave to attend...please, oh please!


That's the thing with being a working mama - something I never thought about.
Having enough time to take off to be able to take care of my baby.


Thankfully, I work for a very easy-going boss, so there's no stress for missing days or work. And when I first started and had NO leave, there was always a family member or friend that would step in and help us.


I knew that when Annie Louise started Wee School, we would probably come in contact with more germs. I didn't know it would be round the clock.


I'm religious about cleaning. I wash everything that comes from school. I keep our house spotless.


Yet, the sickies still come! Darn you, sickies!


I know this is just a season in my life...sometimes, I just feels like I can.NOT get ahead. We had some other stuff pop up this week...heck, this month has just been hit after hit. I'm trying to keep my "chin up" as my mama says, but it's getting pretty tough.


So, even though my doodlebug has had a case of the sickies today, I have thoroughly enjoyed the extra snuggles...she's so busy now, there's not a lot of time left for snuggles.


Today, I'm not thankful the sickies...but I am thankful that I have enough time (even though it may be the last of it) to stay home with my sweet and cuddly doodlebug.


Just pray these extra snuggles don't make mama sick! That would be ROUGH!!!!!!


Okay, I'm done with my debbie-downer post for the day....


Here's to tomorrow and a day with NO sickies! And if you're a fellow working mama, give me your advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment