Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kicking and Screaming.


That's what I'm going to be doing tomorrow on my way to work. I have had such a nice New Year's vacation at home, and I really don't want to go back to work!


This has been the most successful break I've had in months. I had things in my head for months that I wanted to get done after the holidays, and by-golly, we did them!


Woot woot!


My mom kept Annie Louise one night, and B and I were able to get all the Christmas decorations down and begin our yearly "new year's organization."


Although, I will have to admit - this year, I had some pretty lofty goals.


They included:
-organize and purge ALL closets
-de-clutter drawers and cabinets
-go through our files and re-organize
-organize my car
-go through AL's toys and re-organize playroom


I'm too tired right now to post pictures, but I wish you could have seen the pile of papers we had - going through 5 years of paperwork = a lot going in the recycle bin!


It was touch and go there for a while with B (the boy hates to go through anything...he would much rather let the mess get out of control), but he pushed through with me and by Sunday night, we had most everything finished.


Anyways, I have so enjoyed my time off with my little family. I know this is just a season in my life (being a working mama), and I'm going to enjoy it and try and get the most amount of satisfaction knowing I'm helping provide for my family.


Hopefully, I'll get some pictures posted this week and maybe, just maybe, I'll give some advice for the things that work for us!


Here's to an organized 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Your break sounds like mine! I've been wanting to re-organize and de-clutter for months but never had the energy... so I told myself I'd do it on break. And by golly I did... I have stacks now of things for Good Will, things for my mom and sister to go through, books to take to the used book store, stuff to shred, stuff to take to the recycle center... clearly I still have some errands to run, but at least the hard part is done. I know it's a great feeling! So glad to keep reading your blog (though I know I don't comment often) and see what all you and your sweet family are up to!

    ReplyDelete