Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blissdom Newbie - Jennifer


Welcome to the oh-so precious Jennifer from Life in the Green House!  Thanks for popping by!


Tell us about your blog in 25 words or less.
I'm Jennifer, wife to Allen, mom to Braylen, former SAHM, current Kindergarten teacher. I live for Jesus, family, friends, good food and great clothes. 


Why did you sign up to attend Blissdom?
I love to blog, it has become a way to document my daughters life, our family and an outlet for me at the end of the day. I welcome any opportunity to make Life in the Green House a little sweeter.  Also, I have "met" so many amazing ladies through blogging. I put "met" in quotations because we talk on Twitter or HeyTell, even text messages and phone conversations but never face-to-face. Blissdom seemed like the perfect opportunity to meet all of these wonderful ladies and learn more about blogging and growing my blog. 

What do you hope to get out of the conference?
 I hope to find a renewed passion for blogging and writing. I want to attend conferences that will help strengthen my writing and of course, I hope to take some fabulous friendships away from this experience as well.


What sessions/tracks are you planning on attending?
I'm such a bad Blissdom attendee; I haven't really had the chance to figure out what I want to do yet... I know I want to focus on the Writing track, but I also want to attend some of the Photography and Life Development sessions as well. I hear there is an iPhone app so I need to make it a priority this week to figure out what sessions I am going to attend. Hold me to it, friends :)

Who are your roommates, and do y'all know each other previously?
I am rooming with AP from I Love You More Than Carrots  and Whitney from Pretty Whitty. I have never met either of these girls in person but we've spent plenty of time chatting over the past year.
  
What in the devil are you going to wear?!
This is seriously a cause for anxiety in my life right now. See also, I'm a little dramatic. I need to make a Blissdom shopping trip but for now I know I want to focus on comfortable flats, jeans, and maybe cardi's and tunics? There is also the dilemma of cute pajamas for Girls Night In and a little dress for Girl's Night Out. Ahh, just typing that makes me want to run to the store right now.


How will you take notes? (i.e., pen and paper vs. laptop)
I'm bringing my laptop, a notebook and the iPad. I’m not sure which one will work out best so I'm taking everything so I don't regret leaving one at home.


Who are you most excited to meet?
I know there are some fabulous speakers but I'm pretty excited to meet the ladies who I interact with on a near daily basis. AP and Whitney, of course. Jenn from Munchkinland-Designs, Erin from Blue Eyed Bride, Molly (my road trip partner) from Duchess of Fork, Nina from According To Nina, Rachel from Running Backwards in High Heels, and I know there are so many more (like you Lena) and I know there are so many that I don't know of that are going too. So if you are going pop over and let me know. I want to read your blog and get to know you!

When thinking about Blissdom, what makes you the most nervous?
 I'm a talker but it takes me a little while to warm up to a person which is sometimes misinterpreted. I know our time is short so I want to keep my nerves at bay and really enjoy this limited time and learn as much as possible.

What’s the best piece of advice you have heard about Blissdom thus far?
 Branch out and meet new people, go to the sessions and tracks you want to go to even if that means separating from your friends or your "comfort zone."

No comments:

Post a Comment