Monday, February 6, 2012

Shower thoughts for the week!

Time for some of my thoughts that ran through my head in the shower today...have your own shower thoughts? Leave a comment and join in the fun!

1. I have really started loving our weekends at home. With no plans. We’ve kind of gotten into a groove, and I’m loving it. Usually, we’ll order something for dinner on Friday nights and enjoy a night in our pajamas. Saturdays involve lots of cleaning and laundry. Sundays equal church, then grocery shopping, then lunch out, then back at home in our pajamas. Does this sequence of events make me old?

2. Since we’ve been doing ALL of our grocery shopping on Sundays (we’re trying to eliminate quick trips to the grocery store which have been adding up), I have to plan out my list, as well as our dinner plans for the week. For the past couple of weeks, we have enjoyed dinner at home during the work-week. I love meal planning, but I’m starting to get stumped – and I don’t want to have the same thing over and over.

3. In case you didn’t remember, our church challenged us to read the Bible cover to cover in a year. They provided us with lots of tools to help us reach this goal, and I have especially enjoyed our church’s iphone app. Every morning, while I’m getting ready, I listen to the day’s Bible reading. Usually, it’s between 12-15 minutes, and it has increasingly become my favorite part of the day. I’m almost like a kid when the reading is over, wanting to know more. It’s definitely brought the Bible to life for me.

4. We had a pretty important meeting involving some issues with our house, and we didn’t get the answers we were hoping to receive. So, it’s back to square one for us, and it’s looking more and more like we may have to stay in our tiny (1,100 square ft) house for the rest of our lives. Pray for us.

5. Sonic lovers of the world – try an unsweetened tea with peach. It’ll rock your world. And it’s low in calories!

6. I really need to get into some sort of fitness activity besides running up and down 4 flights of stairs a day. Once the weather gets warmer (and the days longer), I think I’ll be out walking/jogging, for sure!

7.Seeing all the VW Beetle commercials last night during the Super Bowl made me super sad last night. I really want one of those Beetles. I love my Jetta (and love being a part of the VW community), but I am seriously obsessed with the Beetle!

8. We have been facetiming (is that even a real verb) with my sister a lot lately – Annie Louise is really starting to get the hang of it, and it’s a great opportunity for my sister to see and talk to Miss AL! It’s becoming a nightly ritual!

9. I have been hinting on twitter and facebook about some big things happening in my life…tomorrow, I’ll do my big revealing! And no, I’m not pregnant! So, make sure to check in with me tomorrow!

Have a wonderful Monday, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment