Thursday, February 9, 2012

I was tagged!

I was tagged by Our Love Nest in this fun game - I've been working on finishing for a bit, but it's so hard to come up with some of this stuff!  So, I'm going to "cheat" and not tag anyone since I'm so behind on this and almost everyone has played already!  If you want to play along, take the questions at the bottom and keep the game going!


Eleven fun facts –
1. I’m left-handed! A lot of people are shocked to hear this about me, as I have been told I have perfect “teacher” print. I have even been told that my handwriting should be made into a font. Now, that would be an experience!


2. I’m a morning person, through and through. I wake up every morning (during the week) at 5 a.m., and I’m out of my house by 6:15 a.m. I like to get to work early + the earlier you work, the earlier you get to leave!


3. I’m a history buff. I love love love history. Especially southern history – I even went to a special program called “Governor’s School” in high school that was all about Tennessee history! B and I love to travel to places that are full of history – in fact, we went to our beloved Charleston, South Carolina on our honeymoon!


4. I am an extreme organizer. I love to organize, and I absolutely crave organization in all aspects of my life – planner, house, desk, car, etc. My favorite Christmas gift this year was a label maker. True story.


5. I am a lover of praise and worship music. Nothing makes me happier than to get in my car (when I’m by myself), and jam out to some Jesus-praisin’ music! I’m sure people see me driving down the road with my hands up in the air – oh, yeah, I’m one of those gals! Praise and worship at church is my favorite, too!


6. I’m wee bit infatuated with gingham. Actually, it’s more like a full-blown obsession. I have way too many articles of clothing with gingham, too many home accessories, and my latest project? Trying to convince my husband to let me wallpaper our laundry room in gingham wallpaper! Wish me luck!


7. Birds are my “thing.” Everyone knows it – look at my blog design…what do you see? Oh yeah, a BIRD. Annie Louise’s nursery is done in birds. I love bird figurines. Our playroom is decorated with lots of bird motifs. Just don’t bring them in the house and make them pets, mmmkay? That freaks me out!


8. I just recently (within the past week) got involved with Stella & Dot jewelry, and oh.my.word. If you have not heard of this company or seen their absolutely beautiful pieces, you are truly missing out. I’m super excited about launching my business, and I have BIG plans for my new hobby. Click HERE to visit my nifty website and partake in the fabulous-ness that is known as Stella & Dot.


9. I love all things paper – especially stationery products. I love notecards, return address labels, mailing labels, notebooks, folders, anything that involves stationery…I love it. I worked for a stationery shop for over 5 years, and I still work one Saturday a month just so I can be in the loop. I have 2 large baskets FULL of stationery, and I just can’t seem to stop buying it!


10. Along with paper, I LOVE party planning. Planning my wedding kind of “opened the box” of party planning – and don’t even get me started on planning my sweet Annie Louise’s birthday parties. Let’s just say that I have been told that I’m crazy many, many times for the outrageous first birthday party that we had back in September. I have YET to blog about this big event…bad mama!


11. Our pastor at church challenged us all to read the Bible cover to cover this year. And they came up with the most amazing smart phone app – it’s great because we can listen to past sermons, see the outlines and there’s even a Bible-reading section where it’s broken down into readings for each day. Can’t seem to sit down and read it? Oh, you can also LISTEN to it, too. This has been my favorite thing to do every morning while I’m getting ready, and I find myself wanting to read/hear more each day. I challenge you to join us, too!


Questions from Our Love Nest:
What is your favorite season? 
Fall, for sure! I love the cooler temperatures, the lower humidity, how crisp and fresh the air feels, and of course, all the beautiful colors!


What is your favorite place to vacation? 
Definitely on the Gulf Coast – Gulf Shores and Destin are my favorite spots…hope I’ll get to go down there this summer!


What is your favorite meal to cook? 
Definitely Miss Era Dell’s chicken casserole – read about it here. And add it to your recipe book!


What you most afraid of? 
Being in a car accident. Because I have such a long, traffic-packed commute, I’m always afraid I’m going to be in a car accident.


What is your favorite sport? 
Baseball, duh! I grew up playing softball, my dad played for a traveling softball team and my brother played Minor League baseball for a couple of years. Love “America’s pastime!”


Who do you consider to be your ‘best friend?’ 
Definitely my hubby, B. We have had so many ups and downs, but the good days are so good that I always forget about the bad ones. Love you, B.


Where did you grow up? 
I was actually born in Waco, Texas and lived there for a few years of my life. But I have spent the majority of my life in middle Tennessee…just south of the big, ole Music City!


What college did you attend?
I attend Middle Tennessee State University – go Blue Raiders! All of my siblings went there, too! How neat is that?


Do you have any pets? 
Yes, we have our lab-mix dog, Turner – we love him so much! I was a bit worried about him when I was pregnant, but he is the BEST dog for Annie Louise! She loves him so much, and they are best buds. We also have 2 cats, Gertie & Bob. They pretty much keep to themselves and don’t bother anyone.


What does your typical Sunday morning look like? 
Most Sundays, we get up between 6-7 a.m. and get ready for church (we go to the 8:30 a.m. service). We are at church until around 10 a.m., then we go grocery shopping for the week afterwards. We’ll usually end our morning with an early lunch! It’s definitely my favorite day of the week!


Which would you choose: Chipotle or Qdoba?
Well, my town does not have either of these places. I have seen a Qdoba in Nashville, and B loves them (he’s from Atlanta-area, and they had them there). I will definitely have to add it to my list of places to try for lunch.


Questions (if you decide you want to play along)
1. What’s your one must have make-up item?
2. How do you take your coffee?
3. What kind of car do you drive, or what’s your dream car?
4. Are you a nutella fan? If so, what’s your favorite nutella combination?
5. What’s your favorite Disney movie? (sorry, we have been watching way too many of these)
6. How many kids do you want?
7. What is your favorite room in your house and why?
8. What time does your alarm go off every morning?
9. What’s your favorite book?
10. How would you describe your style?
11. Go to my Stella & Dot website and tell me what is your favorite piece!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you are a morning person...I so wish I was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! Pretty sure we live in the same city! Whoot Whoot! New follower to your blog as well! Looking forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete