Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Annie Louise is growing up!

In case you haven’t noticed, I have been slacking on the month-by-month posts for Miss Annie Louise, too!  Yikes, bad mama.  


Here’s what she’s been up to for the past couple months (months 19 & 20)…


Annie Louise, you are getting closer and closer to 2 years old.  
How is that even possible?  
When I visit friends with their brand new babies, my arms (and heart) remember the exact position to cradle those sweet little heads.  It’s like it was just yesterday I was a new mama at home with you, not a clue as to what I was doing.  And here I am today, over 20 months later, and some days I still feel clueless and without confidence.




 You are so fun at this age.  You are full of life and songs and sweet smiles.  Your little personality is really starting to emerge, and I can tell you are going to be my little social butterfly.

Just a few weeks ago, when I was taking you into Wee School, you just waved at everyone that we passed and said the cutest “hi!” I have ever heard.  You have no problems walking right into your classroom and getting busy.  I love that about you – so independent.




You are really starting to notice more things around you.  Like balloons.  Oh my word, the obsession you have with balloons is too cute for words.  It’s like it’s the best day of your life when someone gives you a balloon.  And the way you yell out “BOON” when we see them on the road…melts my heart!



Speaking of new words, your vocabulary has just jumped off the charts!  And you are combining words to form small phrases - I can only imagine what will be coming out of your mouth in a few months.  You try to say everything, and we definitely have a few favorites including:
Bicycle
Truck
Bracelet
Necklace


Annie Louise, you are the light of my life.  Every day is new and exciting with you.  I can’t wait to see more of your personality start to shine through.  You are definitely my little sassy pants.  
Love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment