Monday, November 26, 2007

Change of plans.

Remember last week when I talked about how exhausted and tired I was? Well, it caught up with me. Let me give you a little recap of my CRAZY Thanksgiving long weekend....

On Tuesday afternoon around, eh, 3:30, I started feeling a little tingle in my throat. Nothing too unbearable - just uncomfortable. On Wednesday, it got worse - MUCH worse. When I swallowed it felt like sandpaper was dragging my throat. So, I called my doctor, who has been a family friend since I was in third grade, and GUESS WHAT? He's closed for the holiday, and so is every other doctor in Murfreesboro. So, what does this sick little girl do? Well, I make a little visit to the CVS Minute Clinic! It was really quick - no wait whatsoever. I visited with the nurse, who did a strep test on me. I had nearly a 101 fever, and she told me I was "highly contagious." The strep test came back negative, but she said just from looking at my throat, she knew I had strep. She took another test and sent it to the overnight lab. (I did get a voicemail on Friday that said I did indeed have strep.)

What a way to start the holiday.

I pretty much stayed on the couch for the rest of the day on Wednesday. Brad took me out to dinner for soup on Wednesday night, and then we saw Enchanted. He was really babying me! Enchanted was SO cute - I highly recommend it if you like cheesy, girly, happily-ever-after movies! I think we were the oldest people in there!

I felt pretty good on Thanksgiving Day, and we spent the day at my grandparents' house with my side of the family. We thoroughly enjoyed some good ole southern food, and then we put up my grandparents' tree - although, this isn't your normal Christmas tree. It's 12 feet high and 8 feet around. To say it's huge is an understatement. I didn't have my camera with me, but I will post pictures soon of our finished product.

We were supposed to leave bright and early on Friday morning for Mississippi, but my illness prevented our trip. We actually got up and ready, but Brad did not want to make me travel 8 hours in a car while I was sick. We enjoyed a wonderful day together - we had breakfast and did a little Black Friday shopping. I was really thankful that I got to spend time with my hubby!
The rest of the weekend was spent doing odd jobs around the house - I did a lot of cooking for some reason - don't ask me why! I did love making a good meal for my man! On Sunday, we made a long trip to Hampshire, Tennessee to visit my Uncle John and Aunt Holly's new home - it's SPECTACULAR! It's nestled in the country on the side of the hill - really makes me want to move out to the middle of nowhere!

I'm back to the grind today - although to be honest, I feel worse today then I did last week! I am truly thankful for many things this year - a husband that loves me, a Savior that calls me His child, a family that's always there for me, a NEW home, loving pets that are my babies, and a job that allows me to help thousands of people each day. I hope that y'all had a wonderful holiday - here's to MANY more! Here are a few pictures from the weekend....

A picture of one of the tables set for Thanksgiving - it was BEAUTIFUL!

My husband, Brad, and our dog-baby, Turner.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you were sick for the Holiday. It does sound like you guys made the best out of it though!! Love your puppy. He is a cutie!