Thursday, November 15, 2007

A proud big sister!

I haven't shared much news lately about my little sister, Kayla. Honestly, we have not spent much time together for the past two weeks. We've both been busy, she's been sick and with the move, we just haven't gotten to get together.

Anyways, Kayla has had a very hard life for a fifteen year old - things I could never imagine. But she's still a trooper! She's shy when you first meet her, but she's full of life, love and laughter once she warms up to you (much like myself). She loves her family more than anything in the world, and I truly believe that she has a heart of gold. She has been dealing with issues involving her father - he's very sick and needs many surgeries. However, with TennCare and NO disability, they are not able to get any of the surgeries taken care of. She worries about him constantly - I have to consistently remind her that things will work out - she may not understand everything as it is right now, but one day she will.

Because she worries about so many things, her grades almost always suffer. When we were first paired together, she was not doing well in her academics - except her culinary class - that girl loves to cook! However, as most of you know, I'm a big advocate for education and making good grades, and I let her know that. I told her that she is wonderful and smart young lady, and that there would be nothing that would make her father more proud than for her to make good grades.

Last night, she called to tell me what she made on her report card, and I was shocked - 3 A's, 2 B's and a C!!!!! You all have NO idea how proud I am of her! She has already blessed my life in more ways than one in the short time that I have known her! I love her dearly and pray for her every single time I think of her - and I hope you will, too. Pray that she knows that this life can be a beautiful life. Pray that she will beat the odds and become more than anyone can ever imagine. Pray that she will understand and trust the Lord in regards to her father's illness. And lastly, pray for me - pray that I will always be a loving and good role model for her. Pray that I show her the love that Christ has shown to me, to all of us.

I hope that she will continue to make good grades - I know as long as I'm around she better! Now we're going to work on that C!!!

For the Lord God is our light and our protector. He gives us grace and glory. No good thing will the Lord withhold from those who do what is right. O Lord Almighty, happy are those who trust in you.Psalm 84:11-12 NLT
Here is a picture of Kayla and me with Amy Grant. We got to see her a few weeks ago at Hastings! Isn't she adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment