Monday, November 19, 2007

Hurry up Thanksgiving!

So, I'm exhausted. My body hates me. It is running low on energy needed to do daily functions. And it's NOT fun. I'm so ready for Thanksgiving, you don't even know! Two whole days off from work, and you've got this girl smiling ear to ear! Brad and I will be spending Thanksgiving Day with my family at my grandparents' house for some good ole southern food! We will be waking up at the crack of dawn on Friday morning to travel to Vicksburg, Mississippi to visit with Brad's family. Then, we'll head BACK to Tennessee on Saturday morning. Thankfully, my sister is watching over the house and our babies, so we don't have to board them! That saves us quite a bit of money! Anyways, it will be nice to make a quick little trip to Mississippi - I know Brad is really looking forward to it. On Sunday, we'll visit my dear Aunt Holly and Uncle John - they just moved to Culleoka, Tennessee from Chicago! We have a LONG and busy long weekend. If it were up to me, we'd be staying in our new home trying to get everything settled in!

We all worked hard this weekend to finish the majority of the house - we put up new bookshelves in the family room and finished putting up and decorating the Christmas tree. I still have a few things to add to it, but for the most part, it's FINISHED! Next on my list to do is to put up some shelves in the kitchen to display all of my mexican antiques and my collection of salt and pepper shakers! Then, I'll move to organizing our office/scrapbooking room! After that, I'll add some finishing touches to the master bedroom, and then we'll be finished! It will be so nice to sit and ENJOY our new home! I can wait to put pictures here, so I can finally show y'all!

Here's a sneak peek at the top of our tree - I sure do LOVE Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love that toppper!!! I hope ya'll kind find some down time this weekend to relax!! Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete