Monday, November 5, 2007

In need of restoration.

This past Sunday at church, the sermon was based around "Heavenly Conflicts-Earthly Consequences." We talked primarily on how Christianity is about freedom - freedom for the ENTIRE person - meaning body, soul and spirit. We receive that freedom through the cross of Jesus - we examined Luke 23:44-46:
"It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last."
The temple curtain separated God and his people - there was limited access to God for select individuals. The barrier was there to remind people that God was a HOLY God. After the curtain was torn, that was God's way of telling people that there was a NEW and LIVING way into the presence of God! There is no other mediator required - and that mediator is JESUS.
This piece had a huge impact on me - I now know that we have a loving God, but we also have a mighty and fierce God who needs to be feared. I learned that I need to pray in new ways - in a BOLDER way - saying "In JESUS name." I learned that I need to make repentance routine. So often we think repentance is a one-time thing. That is not the case - repentance is the way that we open our lives to the way of God, and we need to be quick to repent!
"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." - Romans 10:9
I am so blessed to go to such a wonderful church, a church that leaves me convicted! I hope those of you that read this will get satisfaction like I did!
Blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment