Tuesday, March 20, 2012

18 months!

Annie Louise, you are 18 months old.
How in the world did we ever get here?  And where did my sweet, calm and quiet baby go?
You no longer understand the words “be still.”  Those 2 little words do not exist anywhere in your ever-growing vocabulary.  
Instead words like “wild” and “rambunctious” and “loud” come to mind.
Here’s how you measure at 18 months:
Weight: 25 pounds, 10 ounces (69th percentile)
Height: 35 inches tall (98th percentile)
just the cutest set of pigtails you have ever seen!

A few things that you love at 18 months old:
You love to be outside.  You love to run around with a huge smile on your face, like it’s the greatest day of your life.  You prefer to walk on the grass, not the pavement, like any country girl would.  You literally kick and scream when it’s time to go inside.  You stand at the door and cry “side, side” (outside) like you may never get to go out there again.
You love ice cream.  Even more than ice cream, you love ice cream sandwiches.  You love it when mama gets you a treat after dinner.  You can polish off an ice cream sandwich faster than anyone I know.  The mess afterwards is big, but so worth it.
You love animals.  And you love to learn all about them.  If you see a cat, you excitedly yell “CAT! CAT!” – the same goes for dog, too!  You love to look at books that have animals – and you love to learn what kind of sound they make.  Right now, we for sure know that cows go “moooooooooooooo.”
napping with 2 babies in the car!
You love princesses.  And baby dolls.  And all things girl.  And you know what?  We so didn’t push that on you.  You developed that love yourself.  You love to go to the DVD cabinet and pull out “Beauty and the Beast” or as you call it, “Beast.”  You sit so still in your little chair while that movie is on, it will only be a matter of time until you’ll know all the words.  Oh, how you love your baby dolls!  You love to hold them, push them in the stroller, take all their clothes off, feed them…you are definitely a little mama, and I love it!  Most nights, you pick 2 babies to take with you to bed, and in the morning, you are still clutching them so tightly while you sleep.  Almost makes my heart explode….
You love to give love.  You are definitely a lover, not a fighter (most days – we’re still working on sharing).  You love to give hugs and kisses…and your new favorites?  Eskimo and butterfly kisses.  The way your little nose scrunches up when you give Eskimo kisses is just the cutest thing ever.  And the way you sit really still, waiting to feel a butterfly kiss is precious.  You love to give big hugs, and whenever you meet new “friends,” you love to give them a big hug, too!  I hope you are always this sweet!  Sometimes, you stop whatever you’re doing and come over and give me a hug and a kiss.  It’s like you know I need it, and for a second, the world is perfect.
You love to say your ABCs.  Even though we don’t make it much past C, you still mimic the song and lyrics.  “Twinkle twinkle, little star” is probably a close second.  But you look the cutest when we sing “if you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands” – oh my word, I wish I could bottle up your cute little self when you point to your face during “…then your face will surely show it” – almost too much for mama.  We are already looking into dance classes for the fall because you love to sing and dance!
standing INSIDE a box - never mind what was in the box!
Some new words we discovered this past month:
Sunshine
Bracelet
Princess
Shirt
Pants 
Sock
Out
Up
Down
My personal favorite - whoo hoo!
a ponytail....a tiny one, but it was too cute!


What has mama learned this month?
I never imagined that someone so small could have so much energy.  Even though I am absolutely dog-tired and can barely keep my eyes open after you go night night, I know that I’m so blessed and wouldn’t trade any of it.  I oftentimes wonder what we did before we had you – and on the nights when you stay at SheShe & PopPop’s, I find myself wishing you were at home with me.  You have made everything so full of life – you have brought so much joy and excitement to every single day.  You are the reason I laugh so hard I almost cry.  And you’re the reason I worry myself to sleep some nights.  You are the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me, and I thank God every single day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment