Friday, February 15, 2008

HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!

Oh blogging friends - what a weekend we have! Tonight, Brad and I are meeting with good friends, Brandon and April at my favorite restaurant (and April's) - BLUE COAST BURRITO!!! Yum, I can already taste the pineapple salsa!
Tomorrow morning I have to work at the shop, and I know I'll be super busy because it's my favorite time of year - WEDDING SEASON! A couple of weekends ago, we had FIVE brides come in. I love helping brides pick out their wedding invitations, stationery, napkins - anything! I love to share with them my own planning stories, fears, and jubiliations.
This weekend is going to be busy because Brad's parents are coming into town to stay with us on Saturday and Sunday. I'm excited for them to join us for church, and I can't wait to hear Pastor Jackson's part 2 of WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF??? I'm sure I'll have lots to share about his message.

I would like to ask a special favor of each of you that read. Please take a moment out of your time today to pray for my precious great-grandmother Willeford (Mattie Kathleen). She is my grandmother's mother, and is a very special lady to my family. She has had severe alzheimer's and dementia since 2002, and she has been in a nursing home for the past couple of years. She has led a beautiful life of 97 years. However, she is not doing so well, and doctors think this may be the last couple of days for her. We are not sad, though. We are rejoicing because she has lived in pain and suffering for many years, and she is going home to be with her Father. And there is nothing more beautiful than this. I have so many precious memories with my Grandmother Willeford, and I know that I will share those special stories with my own children one day. So, please, if you have some time today, please pray for her and my family. It will mean more to me than you'll know! Here is a picture of Grandmother Willeford with some of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren at her 97th birthday party:
Blessings, y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a joyous time she will have when she is met at the gate by all those that loved her and have gone on before her. I am praying for her. I just lost my great-grandmother in Jan...she was 98. We too were not sad because she LIVED and now she is in the presence of our HOLY FATHER REALLY LIVING!!!!

    Have a fun weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a great time tonight Lena!!

    I will be praying for your grandma and your family!

    Also, I've tagged you check out my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun that you ate with Brandon and April - I knew you were in the same town - but didn't know if you knew each other. Ya'll both seem so sweet!

    ReplyDelete