Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The working mommy.

Today I had the pleasure of eating lunch with my sweet friend, Megan. Megan and I are in Junior League together, and we have tried for many weeks to get together - so I was super excited when we got together today! We met in downtown Murfreesboro at a local favorite - Maple Street Grille.

Megan was so sweet to give me THIS BOOK - she said she has given it out to several of her other friends, and because I love to prepare for everything in my life, I cannot wait to pray (and plan) about our future baby :) Thank you for thinking of me, Megan!

I'm so thankful that God has blessed with precious friends like Megan. I have been thinking a lot lately about being a mother and what it is going to look like in my life. Although I am a young wife - well, I'm young all together - I have had many people tell me that I should be very proud of myself and that they wished they would have been in the same place that I am when they were 23. Yes, I'm a young one. I admire other young mothers like Megan, who have made their way in the community and are amazing mothers.

And that got me thinking about working mothers in general - and I have to be honest, I'm in awe of working mothers. They are successful in the workforce and in the home. Although I was blessed to have my mother stay at home with me for the majority of my childhood, I know that not everyone grew up like I did. I have always felt like being a mother is my life's calling and what God designed me for in my life, and I hope that I can be as active in my children's lives as possible. But I know that if I have to be a working mother, I have amazing examples like my friend, Megan!

Do you know other working mothers that amaze you?

2 comments:

  1. Tears...Thank you so much Lena! That really means the world to me. Web is out of school today and at home with little man. They stopped by for a moment and of course guilt fled my heart when they left. Your blog is just what I needed to make me feel good again. BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working moms have such a hard job. I don't know how they do it. They have to be so tired all the time.

    ReplyDelete