Monday, February 25, 2008

The picture.

Here is the picture that I referred to in my last post - the first picture is of my great-grandmother. She is probably close to 18 years old in this picture.

Now, here is a picture of me. Do you think we look alike? I think it looks EXACTLY like I do!
Anyways, my grandparents brought me a couple of pictures yesterday that were on the slideshow, and I just love to show them off!

This weekend was super busy - sometimes I wish I could just have a relaxing and calm weekend with NO work!

Friday night, I spent the night at my mom's house since my dad was out of town watching my brother play baseball in Alabama. We ordered a pizza from Sir Pizza and watched "The Game Plan" with The Rock - it was actually kind of cute! The little girl is so ADORABLE, so of course I loved watching her. I worked on Saturday at the shop - we weren't too busy, so I got a chance to move around some displays and clean up a bit. On Saturday night, Brad and I went to Dave and Buster's in Nashville with one of his co-workers, JoAnna, and her fiancé - Micah. I have never been to Dave and Buster's, and of course it was PACKED with people watching the UT vs. Memphis basketball game. Brad and I played a ton of games, and we won over 700 tickets! It was a fun and LATE night.

Brad opted out of church on Sunday because he was tired, and my mom has been sick, so I ended up going by myself. Sometimes I like going to church by myself - I feel like I really get into the praise and worship (maybe it's because I don't have to keep poking Brad when he falls asleep! Ha!). I spent Sunday afternoon at my mom's house cooking lunch - we made turkey chili, and my grandparents came over to eat. We had a good time sitting around talking about everything under the sun.

After a trip to Marshall's and TJ Maxx (where I got a TON of goodies), we began to make these....

We made these for my wedding to use in the outdoor tent, and I thought they would be cute for an upcoming event we have at United Way. I can't wait to post the finished result, but I guess you'll have to wait! So far, I've made 20, and I have 20 more to go!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too! I don't know about y'all, but I am so ready for SPRING!!! I have already started day-dreaming about all the pretty flowers I am going to plant!

8 comments:

  1. The picture DOES look like you! Crazy!
    Actually my wedding splurge has turned out not to be the cake either! I'm doing cupcakes for my wedding (my favorite food) so luckily those are much cheaper! I guess I could have gone all out with the invitations! :) I'm sure I'll find some place for the money saved!
    I would love to work in a paper store or something like that! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, yes! You look SO much like her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - you look JUST like your great grandmother - freaky!!!!
    I want to hear about those decorations you are making - how do you make them? I would love to use them in a baby shower in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring can't get here soon enough! Yes, you look just like your great grandmother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH.MY.WORD!
    You look exactly like your great grandmother! And isn't she beautiful? Really, that picture of her looks like it could of been made yesterday and made to look old by Photoshop or something! How does that make you feel when you look at her? I think you are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous decorations!! How do you make them? Show us more! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOU LOOK SO MUCH LIKE HER!!!!WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. What a great picture of her. Tell us more about those decorations!!!!!! they look great. show us your wedding pics of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun weekend! I want some turkey chili now! :o) You and your grandmother do look a lot alike! I'll have to swing by Marshall's to check out the sale you were telling me about!

    ReplyDelete