Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things I'm looking forward to....

Today has been a great day - busy - but great! I feel like I've been running around like crazy, but I honestly could not think of anything interesting to post about...

I've been playing catch up at work, and it's been quite the task since I hate being behind. I'm working extra, trying to get the new LIVE UNITED campaign started at our United Way. My boss and I had a brainstorming session yesterday for about two hours, and the creative juices were really flowing! If you are interested in learning more about LIVE UNITED, visit liveunited.org - there isn't anything on the website yet, but there will be in a few short months! And it's all very exciting! Brad laughed at me when I got home with all of my DVDs and CDs, but he just doesn't understand that I eat all of it up! When they unveiled the new commercial, I had tears in my eyes because I thought it was beautiful. And y'all probably think I'm crazy! I majored in journalism with an emphasis in public relations, and one of my minors was marketing - so good marketing makes me tingle! What silly stuff makes you tingle??

I'm looking forward to a marketing meeting for the United Ways of Tennessee tomorrow - I just got asked to be on the committee in November, so this is my first meeting! I can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks about the new stuff!

Friday is a special day because it's when I have lunch with two of my very best friends, Abigail and Diane! We always meet at Goodness Gracious, and I haven't been able to come for the past two weeks because I was in Florida, and I had other meetings - so I'm long overdue for a 'ladies that lunch' date!

I'm also looking forward to throwing not one, but TWO bridal showers this spring! They are both very different, and I'll post something about each so I can get some ideas!

Thank you to those of you that commented about good southern authors - I actually picked up Cold Sassy Tree last night, and I can't wait to jump into it! Thanks, Melanie!!!

I hope you are all enjoying your Super/Fat Tuesday! Ha! It's a SUPER FAT day :)

I'm off to start praying that my house doesn't get pounded with storms tonight...I need some REST!

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful lunch on Friday with your two friends! I can't wait to hear all about it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the storms didn't hit ya'll. They went through here briefly but didn't hurt anything but all of AR wasn't that lucky.
    Have fun with your friends! Take pics! :-)

    ReplyDelete