Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tag! I'm it! And other random happenings...

Last night, Brad and I ate with April and Brandon at Blue Coast Burrito - it was the second time April and I have met, and converation was NOT lacking! In fact, they pretty much had to kick us out of the restaurant! We are going to plan an all-day scrapbooking event, and I want all of you avid scrapbookers to come and share ideas, so be checking back for more details! After dinner, Brad and I made a trip to Books A Million because I have been looking for a particular Beth Moore book to have for my morning quiet time. Well, I have not been able to locate the one I want, but I did find something else...it's called "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" by Joanna Weaver. We studied Mary and Martha in my small group a couple of weeks ago, and I have been completely in awe of their stories. I love to ask women who they think they are more like - Mary or Martha? My grandmother and I had a beautiful converation about them on the airplane to Jacksonville a few weeks ago. I can't wait to dive deep into this study, as I have always longed to worship as Mary did. Anyways, back to the real reason for this post, I was tagged by my good bloggy friend, April. And I can't wait to join in the fun!

The details:List 7 random things that people may not know about you. The rules are to link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1st hold up your right hand and repeat after me"I --insert name here-- do solemnly swear not to pass judgment on Lena or any parties involved in this open & honest meme...so help me God!"Ok..you may proceed!

1. Just like my friend, April, I had some issues growing up with a security "blanket" and sucking my thumb. When I was a little girl, I had a little stuffed birdie (my security blanket - I STILL have it) that I used to carry around with me everywhere. When I would try to go to sleep, I would rub my thumb along the edge of the tag (it would tickle), and I would suck my other thumb until I went to sleep. My parents tried for years to get me to quit sucking my thumb; however, nothing worked. Even when I got up to the age of 10 and 11, my mom said she used to check on me in the middle of the night, and I would have my thumb in my mouth! I paid for that by wearing braces for nearly 4 years since my thumb could fit perfectly in the roof of my mouth - resulting in a severe overbite. So, I am going to try with every bone in my body to keep my children from sucking their thumbs. My mom did say I came out of the womb sucking my thumb. Ha!

2. I am a complete clean freak, and I love to organize things. I hate to see dust anywhere in my house, I hate to have a pile of laundry, and I wash my sheets every Sunday. I make my bed every morning - usually by myself. I cannot leave my house until my bed is made up! On the weekend when I am working, and I get up early, Brad is usually in the bed. I made the rule (HA!) that if you sleep late, you have to make the bed! When I shop for groceries, I keep everything in categories - frozen things, refridgerated things, and pantry things - that way when they are bagged, I don't have to dig through every bag to find things that needs to stay cold!Every Sunday, Brad and I give the house a good clean so that we are ready for our week. It keeps me from having to clean on the weekdays when I am so exhausted after work.

3. I am totally and completly obsessed with stationery - I love to feel paper, I love to pick out fonts and ink colors, I just LOVE stationery! I could seriously spend thousands of dollars on Crane's cards, paper, envelopes, calling cards, anything! Ha! I also love etiquette and learning more about etiquette. I have been neglecting my etiquette blog, but it is my goal to get started back on it - especially since I have to put together a presentation on email etiquette for my office! So be watching for that!

4. I already have all of my childrens' names picked out. If Brad and I have a boy first, his name will be James Harris Warnock, and we'll call him Harris - Brad's first name is James, and my grandparents' last name is Harris - so it's perfect! If we have a girl, I want to name her Pellie Mae Warnock - after my great-grandmother. Brad does not like Pellie - he prefers Charlotte Mae Warnock, but I think Pellie is SO unique! I like really southern names like Henry, Louise, Lucille, Mattie, Ruth, Noah, Charles - I just love them! So, which do you prefer - Pellie or Charlotte???

5. I am a NATIVE TEXAN! I was born in Waco, Texas (please don't judge me!). I love to go back and visit Texas, and many of my friends have recently moved to Austin, so it's even more reason for me to go back to the great state of Texas! On my first car, I used to have a "Native Texan" bumper sticker on the back - Ha! People are so proud to be from Texas, and I am definitely one of those people!

6. I absolutely love blogging. I started blogging after reading my ADPi big sis - Melanie's blog. I used it as a way to journal and talk out my thoughts. It's so much more than that to me now - I feel like so many of you that I have never met in person are just like close friends. April and I talked about how we feel like reading blogs of bloggy friends is just a way of "talking" for us. We talked about how we can't wait until Kelly gets pregnant. Or how Megan is completely obsessed with blogging because of me (love you, Megan). We talked about BooMama and her journey to Africa. Blogging is so fun and exciting to me - I love checking my blog for new comments, and I love to check my bloggy friends for new posts. Blogging has been a great way for me to meet other kindred spirits like myseslf; and it gives me a new opportunity to learn more about my Lord and Savior; it gives me the chance to get new decorating/crafting ideas. I LOVE TO BLOG!

7. I could watch "When Harry Met Sally" and "You've Got Mail" every single day. I adore Meg Ryan, and I think she is the cutest actress in both of those movies. I can quote lots of lines from both, and I almost always cry at the end - they have the most PERFECT happy endings. Brad always makes fun of me because I always want to watch them - but the funny thing is that "When Harry Met Sally" has actually rubbed off on him, and I don't think he minds too much! Ha! Don't tell him I told you that :)

Alright, now that you know 7 random things about me, I tag Melanie, Caroline, Missy, Sarah, Alison, and Jessica!

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I saw your blog on Caroline's page. I love just looking through everyone's pages and reading them! Let me know what you think about the new book, I've seen it and have wondered if it was any good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paper too!!! Ha! I love to touch it, smell it, go online and look for hours at like the "perfect" stationary set! Have you even been to Chelseapaper. com? It is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for tagging me. I am writing it right now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete