Wednesday, February 13, 2008

SNOW DAY!

Today was a blessing from the Lord - a SNOW DAY!!!

I went to bed fairly early last night, but I awoke around 3 a.m. with some really bad cramps/pains. I went ahead and got out of the bed - I kept watching the news hoping that the city schools would be closed in my town, so that I could have a day off from work since I wasn't feeling well. Then around 5:30, I saw that schools were closed in the city and county - WHOO HOO!!!! Although it wasn't really snowing, I knew the roads were probably fairly bad with black ice and whatnot.

Last night, Brad rented Becoming Jane for me since I'm a huge Jane Austen fan. I wrote my senior term paper on Sense and Sensibility, and I have always loved her novels. I absolutely loved the movie - it was full of beautiful vocabulary and conversation. The movie is based on Austen's life, and it was so neat to see her own love stories. If you are an Austen fan, I definitely recommend it. Then, I met my mother for lunch and a little shopping. We went to O'Charleys and had chipotle chicken - our favorite! Then we went to Hobby Lobby, and I got some Valentine's Day paper to make valentines for everyone in my office, and I also got the most adorable kitchen clock for THREE DOLLARS!!!

Tonight is Brad's only night off this week, so we're celebrating our Valentine's night in tonight - we are making veggie lasagna! Yum! Then, I'm going to make strawberry cupcakes to take to work tomorrow! I'm so excited about seeing the top 24 for American Idol - the suspense is killing me!

What are your plans for Valentine's Day??

Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. I love anything Jane!!!!!!! I am jealous that you guys had a snow day. We need on in TEXAS BAD!!!!! happy valentines day

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a SNOW day!!! Sounds like such a fun one!
    Happy Valentines to you - enjoy your first married one!

    ReplyDelete